Lowe-Volk Nature Center
Flora & Fauna Surveys
Friends of the CPD
Crawford Park District
2401 SR 598
Crestline, Oh 44827
The Crawford Park District recognizes Geo-Caching as a wonderful experience that engages people in the outdoors. To that end, the CPD supports Geo-Caching within some its park properties. CLICK HERE for current list of Caches within our Parks. Caching within CPD Parks must follow the following policy:
Geo-Caching Policy of the Crawford Park District
1. A SITE PERMIT APPLICATION must be filled out, mailed in, and accepted by the Crawford Park District before placement of any cache.
click here for a PERMIT APPLICATION
2. Geo-Cachers will have access to three CPD parks: Lowe-Volk Park, Heckert Nature Preserve and Unger Park.
3. Geo-Cachers are not permitted to use Sears Woods State Nature Preserve, or Daughmer Prairie Savannah State Nature Preserve, or Sandusky Wildlife Area.
4. Placement of a cache must be within 5 feet of the edge of a trail. No hikers are permitted off trail/bushwhacking in any of the CPD parks.
5. The CPD has the right to set a limit of caches in one park and will deny future requests on grounds of effective management. After one year of placement, it is the CPD’s right to ask for removal of a cache which would make an opening for other cachers to make placement.
6. The CPD must be notified when a cache is moved or eliminated.
7. No burying or digging is permitted. Cutting trees, shrubs or plants is also prohibited.
8. Micro, Regular and Virtual caches are permitted with Large caches approved on a per request basis.
9. Container contents must be legal and suitable for all ages.
10. The cache owner is responsible for care and monitoring of the cache while on CPD property. Please monitor often enough to determine if clues or physical features are current. (Monthly is recommended).
11. Caches placed in CPD parks must be available to the public via a public website. Caches for private access will not be accepted.
12. All CPD park rules must be followed, including the use of parks during daylight hours only.